Railway Recruitment Board has released RRB JE recruitment 2018-19 notification for total 14,033 vacancies of Junior Engineer (JE), Junior Engineer (IT), and Depot Material Superintendent (DMS) and Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (CMA). The online application for RRB JE recruitment 2018 - 19 will start from 2nd January 2019 at the regional sites of RRB and 31st Jan 2019 is the last date of Railway JE online application.
RRB JE RECRUITMENT 2018-19: IMPORTANT DATES
|ONLINE APPLICATION BEGINS||02.01.2019|
|LAST DATE TO APPLY ONLINE||31.01.2019|
|LAST DATE TO PAY FEE||05.02.2019|
|ADMIT CARD DOWNLOAD||10-15 DAYS BEFORE EXAM DATE|
|RRB JE EXAM DATE||2019 APRIL/MAY 2019 (TENTATIVE)|
RRB JE VACANCY 2019
|JUNIOR ENGINEER (JE)||13034|
|JUNIOR ENGINEER (IT)||49|
|DEPOT MATERIAL SUPERINTENDENT (DMS)||456|
|CHEMICAL & METALLURGICAL ASSISTANT (CMA)||494|
RRB JE SALARY
The candidates under RRB JE Recruitment will get Level 6 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix with initial pay of Rs 35,400/- and other allowances as admissible by RRB.
RRB JE ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA 2018-19
The minimum age limit to apply for RRB JE/DMS/CMA is 18 years while the maximum age limit is 33 years as on 01st January 2019. Date of birth of candidates should be between the dates given below: (Both dates inclusive)
|Age||Upper Limit of Date of Birth (Not Earlier than)||Lower Limit of Date of Birth (Not later than)|
|18 to 33||UR||OBC- NCL||OBC- NCL||For all Community/Categories|
|Junior Engineer (JE)||Diploma/Degree in Engineering|
|Junior Engineer (IT)||PGDCA / B.Sc / B.Tech / BCA in Computer Science or IT|
|Depot Material Superintendent (DMS)||Diploma / Degree in Engineering|
|Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (CMA)||45% Marks in the Bachelor's Degree (Science) with Physics and Chemistry|
Note: Those who are in the final year of their degree/diploma cannot apply for any post under RRB JE.
RRB JE SELECTION PROCESS
There will be a total three stages of selection:
- • Computer Based Test (CBT 1)
- • Computer Based Test (CBT 2): The selection for the CBT 2 will be based on the merit list prepared on the basis of CBT 1. The shortlisting of the candidates will be done at the rate of 15 times.
- • Document Verification
- • Medical Examination
COMPUTER BASED TEST 1:
Duration: 90 minutes
|Subjects||No: of Questions||Marks||Negative Marking|
|General Awareness||15||15||1/3rd marks for each wrong answer|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
Negative Marking: There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in CBTs. 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for each wrong answer. There will be no negative for unattempt answers.
Minimum Percentage of Marks for Eligibility in Various Categories: UR – 40%, OBC - 30%, SC- 30%, ST- 25%. This percentage of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PwBD candidates in case of shortage of PwBD candidates against vacancies reserved for them.
COMPUTER BASED TEST 1: DETAILED SYLLABUS
|General Intelligence and Reasoning (25 mark)||General Awareness (15 mark)||Quantitative Aptitude (30 mark)||General Science (30 mark)|
|Classification||Static General Knowledge (Indian History, Culture etc.)||Simplification||Physics|
|Coding-Decoding||Current Affairs||Averages||Life science|
|General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||25|
|Paper Folding Method||Sports||Percentage||(Up to 10thStandard CBSE syllabus)|
|Matrix||Books and Authors||Ratio and Proportion|
|Word Formation||Important Schemes||Problem on Ages|
|Venn Diagram||Portfolios||Speed, Distance and Time|
|Direction and Distance||People in News||Time and Work|
|Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.||Geometry|
COMPUTER BASED TEST 2: EXAM PATTERN
- • Short listing of Candidates for the 2nd Stage CBT exam shall be based on the normalized marks obtained by them in the 1st Stage CBT Exam.
- • Total number of candidates to be shortlisted for 2nd Stage shall be 15 times the community wise total vacancy of Posts notified against the RRB as per their merit in 1st Stage CBT. However, Railways reserve the right to increase/decrease this limit in total or for any specific category(s) as required to ensure the availability of adequate candidates for all the notified posts.
- • Virtual calculator will be made available on the Computer Monitor during 2nd Stage CBT.
- • There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in CBTs. 1/3rd of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for each wrong answer.
- • The section wise distribution given in the table below is only indicative and there may be some variations in the actual question papers.
- • Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories: UR -40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST -25%. These percentages of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PwBD candidates, in case of shortage of PwBD candidates against vacancies reserved for them.
|Sl No.||Subjects||No. of questions||Marks||Duration|
|1||General Awareness||15||15||120 min (2 Hours 40 Minutes for PwBD Candidates)|
|2||Physics & Chemistry||15||15|
|3||Basics of Computer & Application||10||10|
|4||Basics of Environment & Pollution Control||10||10|
Indian Railways has released an advance notification announcing 14,033 vacancies for various posts like Junior Engineer (JE), Junior Engineer – IT (JE-IT), Depot Material Superintendent (DMS) and Chemical and Metallurgical Assistant (CMA). In this article we will discuss in detail about the RRB JE Job profile allowances and the duties in the roles you will be assigned.Pay Scale of RRB Junior Engineer (JE) after 7 th Pay Commission
Pay Scale for Junior Engineer (JE), Junior Engineer (Information Technology) [JE(IT)], Depot Material Superintendent (DMS) and Chemical & Metallurgical Assistant (CMA) is Level 06 as per 7 th CPC Pay Matrix with initial pay of Rs. 35400/-, plus other allowances admissible at that time.Allowances given to RRB Junior Engineer (JE)
Apart from the Basic Pay, a RRB Junior Engineer is entitled to several other benefits and allowances. These allowances will vary as per the various official rules of the respective Government Departments where the candidates are posted. Some of these allowances are:1. Dearness Allowance 2. House Rent Allowance 3. Transport Allowance 4. City Compensatory Allowance (CCA) 5. Railway Duty Pass 6. Educational Allowance 7. Medical Facilities 8. Other Special Allowance
Salary Structure of RRB JE after 7 th Pay Commission
|Component||Class X Cities||Class Y Cities||Class X Cities|
|Dearness Allowance (125% Of Basic)||16,875||16,875||16,875|
|House Rent Allowance||4,050 (30 % of Basic)||2,700 (20 % of Basic)||1,350 (10 % of Basic)|
|Salary In Hand||38,425||37,075||35,725|
|Cities falling under X (population of 50 lakh and above) category|
|Hyderabad, Delhi, Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Greater Mumbai, Pune, Chennai and Kolkata|
|Cities falling under Y (population between 5 lakh - 50 lakh) category|
|Vijaywada, Warangal, Greater Visakhapatnam, Guntur, Nellore, Guwahati, Patna, Chandigarh, Bhilai , Raipur, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Bhavnagar, Vadodara, Surat, Faridabad, Gurgaon, Srinagar, Jammu, Jamshedpur, Dhanbad, Ranchi, Bokaro Steel City, Belgaum, Hubli-Dharwad, Mangalore, Mysore, Gulbarga, Kozhikode, Kochi, Thiruvanthapuram, Thrissur, Malappuram, Kannur, Kollam, Gwalior, Indore, Bhopal, Jabalpur, Ujjain, Amravati, Nagpur, Aurangabad, Nashik, Bhiwandi, Solapur, Kolhapur, Vasai-VirarCty, Malegaon, Nanded- Waghala, Sangli, Cuttack, Bhubaneswar, Raurkela, Amritsar, Jalandhar, Ludhiana, Puducherry, Bikaner, Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Ajmer, Salem, Tirupur, Coimbatore, Tiruchirappalli, Madurai, Erode, Dehradun, Moradabad, Meerut, Ghaziabad, Aligarh, Agra, Bareilly, Lucknow, Kanpur, Allahabad, Gorakhpur, Varanasi, Saharanpur, Noida, Firozabad, Jhansi, Asansol, Siliguri, Durgapur.|
|Cities classified under Z (population below 5 lakh) category|
|The remaining cities and towns in various states or Union Territories which are not covered under X or Y category.|
The job and the work of the Junior Engineer depend on the specialization for which the candidates are recruited. There are 5 specializations under Railway Junior Engineer Exam.1. Civil Engineering 2. Electrical Engineering 3. Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering 4. Mechanical Engineering 5. Information Technology Engineering Career Growth / Promotion
The career growth and promotion of RRB JE (Works) are mentioned below:
- * Junior Engineer.
- * Senior Section Engineer.
- * Assistant Divisional Engineer (Gaz.) (AEN).
- * Divisional Engineer (DEN).
- * Senior Divisional Engineer (Sr. DEN).
The post of Junior Engineer comes under Group C. They are promoted to higher levels in 3 to 4 years through Departmental Exam or through General Promotion. This is the common criteria for all Junior Engineer Posts of Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and IT Engineering.
RRB JUNIOR ENGINEER: CIVIL ENGINEERING
|Civil Engineering Posts||Job Profile||Roles & Responsibilities|
|JUNIOR ENGINEER (WORKS)||• Junior Engineer Works is a Supervisor in Civil Engineering Department of Railways. He is also called the Inspector of Works.
• He will be in charge of the construction and maintenance of Railway buildings including staff quarters, water supply to these buildings and encroachment of Railway land etc.
|• RRB JE (Works) role includes a small jurisdiction of approximately 50-60 kms of Railway Track.
• His responsibilities include dealing with mainly Quarters (Residential and Office) Maintenance and Repairs, Creation of Assets, such as Platform Extension Work, Small Quarter Construction, Platform Shed Construction/ Repairs, Painting, etc).
|JUNIOR ENGINEER (PERMANENT WAY)||• JE (Permanent Way) is a supervisor in Civil Engineering (Permanent Way) department of Railways. It is also referred as the Open Line in Indian Railways.||• He will be the in charge of a section of track (approximately 50-60 kms in length) stretching over a couple of stations.
• His responsibility is to ensure that the track is maintained in the best quality to allow smooth, safe and fast movement of trains.
• He will be working under an SSE who will be overall in charge and he will have a team of workers consisting of trackman, gang-man, khalasis, patrol-man.
|JUNIOR ENGINEER (BRIDGE)||Junior Engineer Bridge is responsible for the Maintenance of bridges in the Railway Division. Bridge workshop and bridge construction are the major activity of this profile.|
|JUNIOR ENGINEER (DRAWING, DESIGN AND ESTIMATION)||• This post is responsible for preparation of drawing, estimation of quantity and preparation of work estimate.|
|JUNIOR ENGINEER (TRACK MACHINE)||• JE Track Machine Engineer will be working in a Track machine.
• He will be responsible for working, maintenance of the Machine along with Technicians.
• Training will be one year which includes classroom and on the job training in a track machine.
|• Inspection and maintenance of all track machines. Also, confirming that the machines are working satisfactory, and efficiently and are in proper working condition.
• Ensure availability of necessary staff for the operation and optimum utilization of machines during track possessions/line blocks.
• Ensure adequate availability of all the consumables and spares of fast wearing components and unit replacement assemblies of required quality.
• Ensure availability of tools/gadgets for inspection of the machines.
RRB JUNIOR ENGINEER: ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
Role of Electrical Engineer in Railway department
Electrical engineers in railway department are liable for the maintenance of possessions owned by the Electrical Department in Indian railways. They are mainly divided into four branches:
|Posts||Job Profile & Responsibilities|
|General Service (G)||General Service (G) includes the development and maintenance of various equipment used by the Indian Railway department|
|Traction Operation (TRO)||Traction Operation (TRO) is responsible for the maintenance of safety system commonly used in railway. Engineers working under this branch control the speed at which the drive wheels’ spin. When they notice that the drive wheels are spinning very quickly, they suggest slowing the speed of the train and thus help the railway drivers to prevent an accident.|
|Traction distribution (TRD)||Traction distribution handles the maintenance of Over Head Equipment (OHE) and substations (PS) which are indulged in the shifting of rolling stock. They monitor these valuables through SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) system. Electrical engineers also stay in touch with other department working under the central railway for essential work.|
|Traction Rolling Stock (TRS)||Traction Rolling Stock (TRS) is liable for the production and safeguard of Main Line EMUs (MEMUs), Electrical Multiple Units (EMUs) and Electric Locomotives.|
RRB JUNIOR ENGINEER: ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
Railway Junior Engineer Electronics and Communication Engineering have several posts under it. The names of these posts are mentioned below:
- 1. Jr. Engineer (Signal).
- 2. Jr. Engineer (Telecommunication).
- 3. Jr. Engineer (S&T) Workshop.
- 4. Junior Engineer Drawing/ Drawing & Design/ Signal/ S&T.
- 5. Jr. Drawing / S&T.
Junior Engineer Signal & Telecommunication is a supervisor in Telecommunication Department in Railways. He can be posted under two units:
1. Station Units:
2. Production Units
If the Junior Engineer is posted in Station Unit then, he will oversee the signaling installations of the stations. He will have normally few stations under him and he needs to travel to these stations.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Signal and Telecommunication Engineer is responsible for:
• Safe installation and maintenance of equipment.
• To ensure strict discipline amongst his staff.
• Coordination with Engineering and other branches in case of combined works.
• Submission of proposals for Revenue and Works Budget, and for periodic reviews.
RRB JUNIOR ENGINEER: MECHANICAL ENGINEERING
Mechanical Engineering Department in Indian Railways is responsible for the manufacturing, maintenance (Division and Workshop) and operation of Carriage, Wagon, and Locomotives. The posts under Mechanical Engineering are listed below.
- 1. Jr. Engineer (Mechanical) (Workshop).
- 2. Jr. Engineer Mechanical.
- 3. Jr. Engineer Carriage & Wagon.
- 4. Jr. Engineer / Diesel Mechanical.
- 5. Jr. Engineer J&T (Jig & Tools).
- 6. Jr. Engineer (Drawing & Design) Mechanical.
Railway Junior Mechanical Engineer works under Section Engineer and can be posted under two units:
1. Station / Production Unit
• In Production Unit, he is known as Train Examiner and he will oversee the maintenance of trains.
• His duty is to see Goods Wagons and passenger coaches are in good condition as required by the operating personnel.
2. Workshop Unit
• In Workshop, he will oversee periodic checking and maintenance of components of Locomotives, Coaches.
Roles and Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of Mechanical Workshop Engineer are to create a system of zero defects and zero deficiencies on rolling stock. All vehicle which rolls on track namely wagon, carriage, the locomotive is called rolling stock).
Junior Engineer Carriage & Wagon is responsible for schedule inspection of carriage and wagon and monitoring of trial components.
Junior Engineer Diesel Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the maintenance and operation of Diesel Locomotives.
RRB JUNIOR ENGINEER: INFORMATION & TECHNOLOGY ENGINEERING
Junior Engineer in Information & Technology department has one post under it which is Junior Engineer (IT). He is responsible for the policy framing and IT related matters of the Railways.
Job Profile and Responsibilities
IT Engineer is responsible for the policy framing of power or security related issues and implementation of the policies.
• He is the Webmaster and the content manager of the Indian Railways and thus responsible for the daily updates on the Internet.
• The duty of IT Engineer is the Procurement of IT Hardware/ Software/ Office Equipment like Photocopier, Fax Machine etc.
We hope that this detailed article on Railway JUNIOR ENGINEER exam pattern, syllabus along with the salary structure, pay scale, job profile, and career prospects helped you. For any query regarding Railway Junior Engineer or competitive exams in general, feel free to mail us at email@example.com or ring us on +91 79091 77755.
Attention RRB JE Exam aspirants!
KARMA ACADEMY helps you in preparing for RRB JUNIOR ENGINEER exam by providing Exclusive Classroom coaching with unlimited ONLINE Mock Tests.