Karma IAS Foundation Course is intended for the students of classes 6th to 12th. Through the programme we intend to impart a strong foundation to the students, spanning the basic information of the various subjects of the Civil Services Exam (CSE) (Conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)), English Communication skills, Mental Ability and Reasoning.
Classes will be conducted on an interactive basis where the students are encouraged to speak out in the class. The students will be given a strong awareness about the prestigious government jobs like IAS, IPS, IFS, etc., and they will be motivated through real-life stories of people who had successfully topped these exams from even humble background. The course includes the following:
1. General Studies: General Studies papers includes the static subjects of UPSC CSE.
2. Current Affairs Analysis: Weekly current affairs analysis & discussion including background information.
3. Quantitative Ability & Reasoning: For CSAT paper & to develop students’ logical & critical thinking
4. English Communication Skills: Discussions & Interactive sessions in English encouraging the students to talk out, developing their communicative skills.
• Vacation Batch:50 Hours Programme during the months of April & May (online/ offline)
• Long-term Batch:Long-term Batch
• Level of Coaching
1. Basic Level: Student gets acquainted with the basics of the syllabus, getting to know how to understand and learn each subject with different approaches.
2. Intermediate Level: 2. Student gets to learn reasoning and quantitative aptitude, thereby developing logical thinking. Communicative English and basic skills for drafting essays are covered.
3. Advanced Level:Student will be well versed with the subject papers, possessing sound knowledge in current affairs, and able to crack Government Job exams.
• Eligible Grades : From standard 6th to 12th
• App Support : Dedicated application support for students include:
• Study Materials
• Video Classes
• Online Tests (Weekly & Monthly)
• Available on both Android & Apple Stores
• Also available on Web
Benefits & Salient Features of the Programme
Benefits of the Programme
1. UPSC CSE Foundation: Students get a strong foundation for cracking the UPSC CSE Exam, giving them an early start in their preparation.
2. Enriched GK & Current Affairs: Students can enrich their GK & Current affairs making them well informed and inculcates in them a habit to be updated with current developments in the world.
3. Preparation for various competitive exams: This course makes the student well prepared for Quizzes, various competitive exams including government job exams.
4. Personality Development: Helps in developing the overall personality of the student, training them to think logically, rationally & in an unbiased manner.
Salient Features of the Programme
• Motivating students to become the future IAS, IPS officers.
• Enhance students’ passion for learning as well as civil services examination preparation.
• Building a strong knowledge base of the student.
• Improving self-confidence of the students
• Overall personality development of the students
Introduction to all the subjects included under Preliminary and Mains examination.
1. Ancient History: Civilisations
2. Medieval: Dynasties
3. Modern: Freedom Struggle and partition
Polity & Constitution
1. Introduction to the Constitution
3. Fundamental Rights & Duties
4. Directive Principles of State Policy
7. Constitutional Bodies
8. Non-Constitutional BodiesGeography & Environmental Science 1. Earth 2. Landforms 3. Climate 4. Oceans 5. Biodiversity & Conservation
2. National Income
3. Money & Banking
4. External Sector
5. Capital Market
6. Public Finance (Budget)
9. Industry & Infrastructure
Science & Technology
1. Space Technology
4. Defence & Nuclear Research
5. Robotics, Artificial Intelligence & Nanotechnology
1. United Nations, World Bank and International Monetary Fund
2. India & Neighbourbood Relations
3. Regional Organisations
1. Basics Numeracy
2. Logical Reasoning & Mental Ability